Friday, August 5, 2016

On to more important things, though...

Lesson three: Life is cyclic, especially if you just let it be.

After listening to part of Graham Hancock's Fingerprints of the Gods (I am currently about 3/4 of the way through it and about 1/3 through my physical copy of Magicians of the Gods, which I heartily recommend (just skip the first one if you're pressed for time)), I got to thinking:

"You know, life is pretty frickin cyclic, just like the orbits of the planets and the stars."

Perhaps I will provide specific examples later, but, long story short, I think everyone has what I'm calling an "optimal phase", or a given amount of time that will allow them to do their best work before moving on with life. If remaining stationary past the "optimal phase", said person might start becoming unhappy and/or producing less-than-stellar things. Then again, it probably also has a lot to do with the specific environment that said person is subjected to on a day-to-day basis. The theory is still quite rough, but I know I'm on to something. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment